Facilities & Services
Reading room, Nyhavn 2
The library’s reading room can be found at our address Nyhavn 2. Here it is possible to sit and work. This is also where some of the library’s material is to be found which cannot be removed but is available for use in the reading room. Materials which can only be borrowed for use in the reading room will be marked with the label “Læsesalslån” in the library’s base. It is also possible to reserve books as læsesalslån, so they remain at the library where you can work with them. This arrangement can be highly advantageous if you have made multiple requests.
In the library reading room are numerous reference works for use in situ.
Study room, Søborg
The Library’s study room is located in Søborg. The study room is for rare and fragile materials such as architectural drawings, rare books and archival material.Such material has the label ”Study centre loan” (Study Room Material) in the Library’s catalogue. Study room material must be requested through the system, but one must also book a time at which to see the material. It is important that when booking a time one also specifies which materials one has requested so that we can find them for you.
Time should be booked through this electronic form
Requests for material that have not lead to a loan by personal visit in the study within 14 days room will be cancelled.
Photocopying machine and printer
At the Library you can use the photocopier. This requires a copy card this can be bought from the borrowing desk.
Copy card prices:
20 copies 20 DKK.
50 copies 50 DKK.
It is the Library’s decision whether the materials are of a condition to permit copying.
Old, especially valuable photographs may not be copied.
Photocopying is at one’s own risk. Assistance from the Library’s staff should not be taken for granted.
It is possible to print on A4 sheets on the Library’s computers.
Print price: 0,50 kr. pr. print.
In the Study room Søborg it is not possible to copy or scan material. But it is allowed to photograph with own camera for personal use.
It is possible to log onto the Library’s network with the aid of a user name and access code which will be given to you at the desk.
The Library on Nyhavn has direct, handicap-friendly access from the courtyard. There is a lift from the Library’s central hall up to the reading room, and down to the toilets in the basement, where there is also a handicap toilet.
The study room in Søborg: The study room on Transformervej is handicap-friendly with direct access. In this context a handicap toilet is provided.
Rules for the use of the Library
- Nyhavn: Bags, coats etc. can be deposited in the cloakroom at the entrance, at one’s own risk.
- Study room Søborg: Bags and coats must be left at the entrance.
- Mobile telephone conversations must not be conducted in the study room or the reading room.
- Bringing one’s own laptop is permitted. 230 V power points are provided on the catalogue tables in the book collection, reading room and study room.
- It is requested that in the study room in Søborg any private conversations be conducted in subdued voices. The reading room at Nyhavn is a silent area.
- Children are welcome to visit the Library in the company of an adult but must not disturb the other visitors.
- The library staff reserves the right to look in bags that have been brought into the public area.